WOOD IMITATION TILES
The reproduction of wood on ceramic tiles is possible thanks to high-resolution digital printing technology, which makes it possible to reproduce an image of wood on the surface of the tile.
Wood is a very popular material nowadays, it is natural and excellent, a way of integrating nature into our homes, shops, restaurants etc. However, the natural material has disadvantages such as fragility and susceptibility to humidity, that is why we recommend ceramic tiles.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF WOOD-LOOK CERAMICS OVER NATURAL WOOD?
There are several reasons why faux wood tiles are an excellent choice for your home. Firstly, they offer an economical and durable alternative to real wood. They are also ideal for areas where moisture is a problem and are easy to clean and maintain.
· Durability: They are more resistant to daily wear, scratches and stains than real wood. They will also not warp or become damaged over time. An ideal choice for high traffic areas in your home, such as hallways, kitchens and living rooms.
· Water and fire resistant: They are an excellent choice for wet areas, such as bathrooms and kitchens, where traditional wood can be easily damaged by moisture. In addition, they are also a fireproof material, making them a safe and durable option for any home.
· Easy maintenance: wood-look porcelain tiles are extremely easy to clean and maintain. It does not require special treatments or regular polishing like real wood. A simple sweeping and regular mopping will keep your floors spotless.
· Variety of designs and styles: Imitation wood tiles can be found in a wide variety of shades and finishes. This allows them to adapt to a wide variety of decoration styles and can be used in different areas of the house, from the kitchen to the bathroom or even outdoors. There are many types of wood effect ceramic tiles, some with more relief, with different textures, grains and knots. Always maintaining the appearance of natural wood.
· Installation: Imitation wood tiles are easy to install and can be laid on any flat surface, which makes installation quick and easy.
· Economical: They are cheaper than real wood, which makes them a more affordable option.
WAYS OF LAYING WOOD-LOOK PORCELAIN TILES
Although the basic aspects of laying are always the same, an imitation wood-look porcelain floor can be laid in different patterns or aesthetic shapes. These are the main possibilities, which are left to your free choice:
· Joint-breaker or Traditional: This laying style is the most common for this type of material. To lay the tiles correctly, you should choose a distance of no more than 1/3 of the piece and take it as a reference. We recommend that the imitation wood flooring follows the line that makes up the longest wall in the room. In this way, a greater sense of space is achieved in the room.
· Herringbone or Chevron: This is applied when the pieces are rectangular, placing them in a zigzag pattern.
These are the most commonly used but there are more patterns that we explain in our Blog entry. In any case, what really matters is that in the end you place it in the way you or your client likes the most. It is well known that there is nothing written about tastes. In any case, our recommendation is that you first assess the style of the house or company as a whole and, based on that, select the type of wood-look porcelain tile and the installation method that best matches it so that it does not clash with the rest of the spaces.
HOW TO CLEAN PORCELAIN WOOD-LOOK FLOORS
One of the main advantages of wood-look porcelain floors is that they are easy to clean. To clean it, you don't need to take any precautions, as its surface has no porosity and is resistant to any type of dirt and most chemical products.
Unlike other types of flooring, this is a great advantage as porcelain stoneware gets much less dirty and to keep it in perfect condition you will not have to invest much time in it, just scrub it using a mixture of warm water and neutral soap to make it look excellent.